CAMDEN — Health and wellness takes center stage during the 6th Annual Camden Waterfront BBQ at Wiggins Waterfront Park on Sunday, Aug. 31.
The event — which will be held from 1 to 10 p.m. — will feature music — with the sounds of JJ Grey and Mofro — as well as food and other activities.
But, this event is really about getting health and wellness information out there, said Freeholder Ian Leonard.
“We want everyone to come to the waterfront and have a good time at this free event. While they’re there, we want to provide them with wide range of health and wellness information,” said Freeholder Ian Leonard in a press release. “We also want to highlight the numerous services available to residents from the Camden County Department of Health and other local agencies.”
The concert will also feature Big Sam’s Funky Nation, Dwayne Dopsie and the Zydeco Hellraisers, Mia Borders and South Jersey’s own Reverb Brothers.
Ulysses S. Wiggins Waterfront Park is located at the foot of Martin Luther King Boulevard in Camden. For more information about the Camden Waterfront BBQ visitwww.camdencounty.com.
South Jersey Times
It was a lovely night of art and opera in Camden City Thursday night. Yes, you read that correctly — art and opera in Camden. William and Ronja Butler, owners of Gallery Eleven One on Front Street in Camden, moved to the city in 2012 with the hope of awakening a love of art in the area. Shortly after arriving, the couple kicked off the first 3rd Thursday Art Crawl and it has been a hit ever since.
Come experience 3rd Thursday Art Crawls in Camden each month occurring the 3rd Thursday of the month from 5-9pm. Camden’s 3rd Thursday Art Crawl is a free and family-friendly event. For more information and to view all the details and participating venues for August 21st, click here.Enjoy beautiful art, superb music & great conversation. Thank you for supporting local arts and businesses in Camden.
- Cooper’s Ferry Partnership is looking for surveyors for the Cooper-Grant / Central Waterfront Neighborhood Plan process. See the attached job description for information regarding this paid position.CGCW Surveyor Job Description (1)
- Yoga and Dance fitness, programming through the Connect the Lots project, will take place in Johnson Park on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and every other Saturday. Please see the attached flyer for details.OutdoorFamilyFitness2014-1
- Mark your calendars now for the annual Cooper-Grant Neighborhood Association BBQ taking place on Point and Linden Streets on August 16th starting at 1pm.
- The July CGNA meeting will take place on Monday, July 28th at 7pm (food at 6:45pm) in the Walt Whitman Arts Center.
CFP and the YMCA are hosting free, family-friendly fitness classes in Johnson and Northgate Parks on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday afternoons starting next week. The classes are open you youth and adults. A flyer with the details, dates and times for the classes is attached. Could you please include a link to the flyer in Camden Stories tomorrow, next Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and the following Tuesday and Thursday? Click here for more information
From now until Oct - Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm – every other Saturday
1. NEXT CGNA Meeting on Monday June 23rd 7-9pm at the WWAC.
2. Neighborhood Traffic Advisory for the Weekend ---- 3rd Thursday Art Crawl June 19th http://art11one.com/3rd-thursday/ ------Riversharks Thurs-Tuesday (Fireworks F/Sat) Sat 21st Flyers Alumni Softball game 2:30pm http://www.riversharks.com/ ----2 Sold out Shows > Zac Brown Band Th/F SBC - Back Street Boys Sat SBC
Journey on Sunday SBC http://www.livenation.com/venues/14115/susquehanna-bank-center
3. Cooper-Grant/Cooper's-Ferry/Rutgers-Camden WellsFargo Neighborhood Planning Grant Kick off press event with Mayor Redd, Mickle Towers MLK Blvd - 1pm Tuesday June 24th
4. Rutgers-Camden 29th Annual Writers Conference June 23rd-July 2nd http://mfa.camden.rutgers.edu/writers-conference/
5. 4th of July Celebration on the Camden Waterfront- Freedom Fest July 3rd-6th http://www.camdenwaterfront.com/events/freedom-festival-3
6. Cooper-Grant Neighborhood Block Party Announcement planned for Saturday August 16th 1pm-6pm Linden St Between Point St and 2nd St.
- Camden Children’s Garden – Cooper-Grant Farmer’s Market – 5:30-7pm (Cooper-Grant Neighborhood Community Garden near the corner of Front & Penn Streets) www.camdenchildrensgarden.org
- Cooper River Distillers - Official Opening – Taste, See & Experience Camden’s first legal distillery in Camden, NJ, since prohibition - Free Tours at the top of the hour - 4-9pm (34 N. 4th St.) www.cooperriverdistillers.com
- LAEDA (Latin American Economic Development Association) - 6-9pm - Business Expo & Networking Event - Register for this event at: 856-338-1177 or firstname.lastname@example.org, (LAEDA Office Building – 433 Market St.) www.laeda.com
- Filbert Studio - Art Exhibit - 5-8pm - Paintings & sculpture by Jeff Filbert (305 Benson St.)
- The Victor Lofts - Live Music on the Steinway with pianist Christopher Andrew Maier offering standards as well as his own originals. Performances every 30 minutes at the top of each hour 5-8pm (One Market Street) www.thevictorlofts.com
- South Jersey Caribbean Cultural & Development Organization - showcasing Caribbean culture with a talented dance group & drummer in celebration of National Caribbean American Heritage Month. 6-8pm (Walt Whitman Art Center – 2nd & Cooper Streets) www.sjcaribbean.org
- Camden Riversharks Baseball Game – 1950′s themed music, video clips & more from the 1950′s era! - Game time 7:05pm (Campbell’s Field, 401 N. Delaware St.) www.riversharks.com
- Victor’s Pub - RCA Bldg./Victor Lofts – Drink Special www.victorspub.com
- Market Street Pizzeria & Gourmet Deli - RCA Bldg./Victor Lofts - Food Special www.marketstreetpizzeria.com
- A crane is positioned on Pearl St., just east of Third St., today, to remove debris from the track area. Pearl St. is open to traffic but reduced to one lane. A flagger is on hand to direct traffic.
- The Third Street closure is expected is begin on June 5th and last from 1-2 weeks, depending on weather, etc. This closure will enable set up of a platform and the containment of demolition taking place over Third Street. There will also be painting and related sandblasting taking place in this area.
- The project mailer has been customized to include the information we requested at the last SOW monthly stakeholder meeting, and will be mailed to all North Camden addresses. The DRPA will let us know when they mail it out.