There are many events on the watefront this week. Check out the following link for more information. July4th2013
Good Afternoon Cooper-Grant,
Just wanted to provide some last minute updates as Hurricane Andrea is dumping some much needed rain in the region. Please visit the Cooper-Grant Community Calendar to get an idea of what is happening in the neighborhood. We have a busy waterfront this summer with lots of activities for all. VISIT – http://coopergrant.org/calendar/
- ALEX’S LEMONADE STAND Fundraiser by the Victor Lofts: Goal is to raise $500.00 TROPICAL STORM ANDREA UPDATE Tropical Storm Andrea is forecast to descend upon Camden on Friday June 7th with as much as 3″ of rain. As a result, The Victor Lofts will be hosting (2) Alex’s Lemonade Stands: On Friday June 7th from 12:00 – 4:30, there will be an indoor mini-Lemonade Stand in the Lobby of The Victor Lofts. On Friday June 14th from 12:00 – 4:30, there will be an outdoor Lemonade Stand at the corner of Market + Riverside across from Adventure Aquarium. Please visit one or both Lemonade Stands and help us reach our goal of $500! If you cannot visit either Lemonade Stand but would like to make a donation, you can donate via text message. Text “LEMONADE E110608” to 85944 (make sure your add the space between the word lemonade and the event number). All text donations are billed directly to your cell phone provider and then paid to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation. Standard text messaging rates apply. Don’t forget all donations are tax deductible!
- The Riversharks Game tonight Friday has been postponed. There were will be a double header (2 7inging games) tomorrow Saturday June 8th starting at 4:35pm. There will be fireworks after the game on Saturday night.
- Camden City Garden Club has an open Farmer’s Market at the Camden Children’s Garden every weekend 10am-4pm. All local and fresh produce that is in season!
- Soccer Sunday’s Continue 4-6pm. Linden St. at Front ST Rutgers-Camden Soccer Fields. Open pickup games to neighbors and friends of Cooper-Grant.
- Cooper-Grant / Camden SMART RainBarrel Workshop – June 19th 6pm-8pm Walt Whitman Arts Center 101 Cooper St. Targeted to all Camden Residents SPACE IS LIMITED – REGISTER NOW! Pre-registration is required. To register and for more information about this event, please contact Sara Mellor at (848) 932-6747 Take home your own rain barrel!or go on-line to www.camdensmart.com The payment of $5 per barrel will be collected at the beginning of the workshop. Rain barrel diverter kits will be available for purchase for an additional $10.
- The NJ Tree Foundation’s FREE Camden TreeKeepers Workshops, which take place on Wednesday evenings this July. The purpose of these trainings is to equip residents with the tools and knowledge they need to care for their neighborhood’s trees. Anyone from the city can attend! Participants receive a free tool, educational materials, and a light dinner at each session. Those who attend all four workshops become Certified Camden TreeKeepers. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required.All sessions will be held at the Camden County Municipal Utilities Authority located at 1645 Ferry Avenue. Children are welcome to attend, but sessions are geared mostly toward children over 10 years old, teens, and adults. If you would like to attend, please reply to this email or call me at 856-287-4488.
- Book Club meeting is on June 12th at the Victor.
- Have a book suggestion for next time? Join us for conversation & a glass of wine!
- Meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month, In The Caruso Room at The Victor Next: June 12, 2012 at 7:30 pm Contact Liesl for more information: email@example.com
- GreensGrow Farmer’s Market Continues on Thursdays through November 3-7pm Front and Penn St
- The Next COOPER-GRANT Neighborhood Association meeting is Monday June 24th at 7pm – Victor Lofts Caruso Room.
Have a great weekend.