Some mid-month announcements of upcoming events:
1. Note that, due to the Memorial Day holiday, this month’s CGNA meeting will be held TUESDAY, May 28th at 7:30pm (refreshments at 7pm).
2. Tonight, Thursday, May 16th is Camden’s Third Thursday Art Crawl. This month, a new Art Exhibition will be featured at the Waterfront Tech Center, 200 Federal Street, in addition to many other participating venues. For a complete list, go to:
And check out this video made by one of our neighbors, Christopher Maier, on his vision for the Camden waterfront: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni1xMjiex18
3. The City of Camden will hold a job fair at Malandra Hall (located at New Jersey and Merrimac Roads) today, Thursday, May 16, from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. for Camden residents seeking temporary employment for the upcoming Cirque de Soleil: Totem show. There will be approximately 150 temporary positions available, such as Box Office, Merchandising Clerk, Ushers, Runners and much more. Positions could pay between $10 to $12 an hour.
4. Street Sweeping is in effect! Pay attention to parking restrictions on Wednesdays and/or Fridays on your street. Parking Authority will be ticketing.
5. Soccer Sundays, Linden Street Rutgers community soccer fields every Sunday 4-6pm. Open and free to all ages!
6. The Victor’s monthly book club meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 7:30 pm in the Caruso Room. Our next meeting is June 12. We will be discussing: Raven Girl by Audrey Niffenegger. We welcome new members!
Check out http://coopergrant.org/calendar/ for a calendar of many more events happening over the next two months as the weather warms up!